The Education Foundation of the North Carolina Pest Management Association (NCPMA) recently awarded five Past President’s Scholarships to students pursuing post-high school degrees.
“NCPMA congratulates these students on their accomplishments, and we are happy to be a part of their educational journey,” says NCPMA President Donnie Shelton. “We are proud to offer the Past President’s Scholarship yearly to help our members and their families reach their educational goals.”
The five students include:
- Mary Elise Capron, Concord, N.C., majoring in science at Rowan Cabarrus Community College/Wake Technical Community College
- Victoria Fonte, Jacksonville, N.C., majoring in biology at North Carolina State University
- Crystal Mabe, Parkton, N.C., majoring in physical therapy at Campbell University
- Jared Matthews, Autryville, N.C., majoring in agricultural business management at North Carolina State University
- Ansley Smith, Wilson, N.C., majoring in marketing at East Carolina University
The Past President’s Scholarship by the Education Foundation of the NCPMA was created in 2004 to help encourage and build the next generation of pest management professionals. Scholarships are awarded to owners or employees of NCPMA member companies and/or their family members including spouses, children and grandchildren. Preference is given to those who demonstrate an interest in pursuing careers in the pest management industry.
NCPMA has awarded nearly $169,000 in scholarships since 2005.