The Arizona Pest Professional Organization’s (AzPPO’s) annual Great Western Conference will take place virtually on March 30 and 31, 2021. This two-day event is open for registration on AzPPO.org/Conference.
The Tempe, Ariz.-based association notes that Arizona pest management professionals (PMPs) may register for one day for six continuing education units (CEUs), or both days for 12 CEUs.
Scheduled speakers include:
- Vince Craig: WDIIR Rules, Laws and Rules
- Gail Getty, BCE: Update on Bed Bug and Cockroach Research and Management
- Amanda Klein, BCE: Friend or Foe: Solutions to Arachnid Pests
- Burt Lopez: Symbiotic Relationship with Ants and Homopteran Insects
- John Miller: Equipment and Maintenance
- Dr. Ryan Neff: Ant Behavior & Control
- James Rodriguez, ACE: Pesticide Dust and Bait Application
- Dr. Kurt Vandock: Mosquito Control: Best Practices in Public Health
In May 2004, four professional pest control operators met to discuss the development of a new organization focused on the enhancement of professionalism in the pest control industry in Arizona. The discussion focused on purpose, ethics, education, organization, name, benefits, membership criteria and fees, as well as joint membership with the National Pest Management Association (NPMA). With an idea of the needs for the industry, the group set out to create AzPPO. Now AzPPO has more than 60 members and is growing strong.
Mission: To serve as the voice for the Arizona pest control industry, protecting the livelihoods of pest management professionals while fostering education, promoting professionalism, raising ethical standards, enhancing environmental stewardship, improving public health and the quality of life. We are open to all size companies that want to adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and effectiveness.
- Offer industry members a forum to meet and discuss issues that affect our bottom line.
- Provide education to improve profitability.
- Educate the public on industry standards and safety.
- Provide services to help with hiring and managing the right employees.