The New York Pest Management Association (NYPMA) elected new officers for the 2021-22 term during its annual spring conference on March 31.
Sam Soto, ACE, owner of First Rate Pest Solutions, New Windsor, N.Y., was named president of the NYPMA. Josh Bloom of Standard Pest Management is the immediate past president.
Soto has been a board director since 2016 and has served as VP and treasurer. He is actively involved with the National Pest Management Association. He was instrumental in the creation the NYPMA’s Master Technician Program and has served as chairman of its committee.
The Albany, N.Y.-based organization recently launched its 2021 Master Technician Program, which offers upgraded training and credentials for pest management professionals in New York.
Other officers elected include Robert Moloney, Absolute Pest NYC, as first VP; Michael Broder, BHB Pest Elimination, as second VP; Joel Nolasco, Nuborn Pest Control, as secretary; and Joel Fagin, Dial-A-Bug, as treasurer.
NYPMA encompasses the entire state of New York and has 12 regional directors who sit on the board as follows:
- Michael Deutsch, BCE, Arrow Exterminating Company
- James Skinner, A&C Pest Management
- Emilia Free, The Bug Stops Here
NYC’s five boroughs:
- Paul Geiger, Black Widow Termite & Pest Control
- Anita Ferrandino, TNR Exterminators and
- Gustavo Hernandez, H2 Environmental Pest Management
Westchester and Rockland:
- Mark Davidson, ACE, Pestech Pest Solutions
- Manny Guzman, Pestrol
- Bill Minahan, JC Ehrlich/Rentokil
- Damien Marcello, Fox Pest Control
Western New York:
- Dean Ballowe, Suburban Pest Control
- Andy Sanefski, Perimetek Pest Management
Rick Allen serves as allied director. Harriet Schary serves as executive director; Len Douglen as associate director and Ken Healy as membership coordinator.