Bayer’s Pest Management and Public Health business has added six new executives to its team since the beginning of the year.
“All of these executives are passionate about helping our customers succeed and protecting people against pest-related threats,” Gokhan Vergon, head of Pest Management and Public Health for Bayer U.S., said in the news release. “We are thrilled to welcome them to the team, and we look forward to seeing their contributions to the pest management professionals we serve every day.”
The new team members have extensive pest management expertise in product development, customer solutions and marketing, according to a news release.
“Each of these executives bring a unique perspective and new expertise to our team,” Vergon said. “We are confident this will benefit our customers and business now and in the future.”
Learn more about the six new team members:
- Dr. Sally Abbar, field development representative: Dr. Abbar is responsible for new product and concept development in the southeast U.S. She is an applied entomologist with a background in integrated pest management (IPM). Dr. Abbar specializes in both nonchemical and chemical control methods for urban and stored product pests (SPP).
- Mike Hirvela, customer marketing manager: Hirvela is responsible for marketing the business’s household health products and expertise. He joins from the Bayer Turf and Ornamentals business where he served as the customer marketing manager for the golf and sports turf segments. Hirvela brings more than 20 years of experience in the lawn care and golf business to the role.
- Mike Leahy, area sales manager: Leahy covers Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia and western Pennsylvania as part of the Eastern region sales team. He brings more than 35 years of experience in both pest control sales and mosquito control sales.
- Keith Miller, area sales manager: Miller covers Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas and Tennessee as part of the Western region sales team. He has more than 25 years of experience and joins from the Bayer Animal Health division.
- Pat Morrow, senior marketing communications manager: Morrow oversees the marketing and communications for Bayer Pest Management and Public Health business. She brings several decades of experience to the role. Morrow first joined Bayer in 2016 as the marketing communications manager for the U.S. Turf and Ornamentals business.
- Eric Picard, area sales manager: Picard covers New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine as part of the Eastern region sales team. He has more than 13 years of experience in the pest management industry in both distribution and manufacturing.