March is Ladder Safety Month. Celebrate by registering for the National Pest Management Association’s (NPMA’s) Safety Summit.
The Safety Summit on May 4-5 at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld in Orlando, Fla.
The Safety Summit brings together industry experts with businesses of all sizes to discuss safety and risk management within the pest management industry. Topics covered will include employee protection and worksite safety, safe driving, pesticide usage and how to implement a safety program in your own organization. Increase quality and decrease risk within your business by attending this program.
The keynote speaker of the event is Dr. Paul Atchley to discuss “The Science Behind Distracted Driving.” Dr. Atchley is a leading researcher on safe driving. His TED Talk has been viewed more than 50,000 times. In this talk, he will cover information that effectively explains the risk of distracted driving: an explanation of why distracted driving is increasing; an overview of key studies showing the dangers of distracted driving; the “myth of multitasking;” and current attitudes toward distracted driving and solutions to improve safety.”
At the Safety Summit, attendees also will learn about risk prevention, fall protection and how these relate to the pest management industry in the breakout session: “Attics & Crawlspaces: Confined Spaces & Fall Protection.”
Other breakout sessions include:
- Incident Investigations
- Attics and Crawlspaces: Confined Spaces and Fall Protection
- OSHA’s Heat-related Illness Initiative and Your HAZCOM Program
- Gaining and Maintaining Executive Support for Your Safety Program
- Hiring and Training Professional Drivers
- 4 Basic PPE Requirements: Hearing, Head, Hand and Finger, and Eye Protection
- Outdoor Safety Training Demonstrations
- Are you prepared for an OSHA inspection?
- Running a Safety Program at Any Size
For more information and to register for the event, visit the NPMA website.
Leave A Comment