Pest Management Professional (PMP) was awarded two national and five regional Azbee Awards of Excellence by the American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE), an organization that represents more than 2,000 journalists for business-to-business publications.
The Azbee Awards of Excellence recognizes outstanding editorial and design in trade magazines, newsletters, and digital and social media. More than 830 entries were submitted in 65 categories for content produced in 2021.
Since 2014, PMP has earned 60 Azbee Awards of Excellence, thanks to its creative art director and graphic designers, an editorial team with 90 years of experience, and an unmatched stable of regular contributors.
This year, PMP, the most-trusted resource in the professional pest control industry, won:
- National Silver and Regional Gold — Design, Front Cover Illustration: “Bed Bug Horror Stories,” August 2021 — Publisher Marty Whitford, VP of Graphic Design and Production Pete Seltzer, Art Director Tracie Martinez and Illustrator Mike Right.
- National Gold and Regional Gold — Design, Front Cover, Special Issue or Supplement: “2022 State of the Industry Report,” November 2021 — Marty Whitford, Pete Seltzer, Tracie Martinez and Mike Right.
- Regional Silver — Print, Feature Article, 12 or More Issues Per Year: “Dog Fight,” April 2021 — Editor-in-Chief Heather Gooch, Senior Editor Diane Sofranec, Tracie Martinez.
- Regional Bronze — Print, Special Supplement: “Intel in Invasives,” October 2021 — Diane Sofranec, Tracie Martinez, Graphic Designer Courtney Townsend.
- Regional Bronze — Print, Single Top Coverage by a Team: “2021 Game Planning,” January 2021 — Heather Gooch, Diane Sofranec, Tracie Martinez.
ASBPE was launched in 1964 as the American Society of Business Press Editors. Members of this professional association include full-time and freelance editors, writers, art directors and designers who work for business, trade and specialty publications.