- Flies have been around as long as mankind and have been found on all seven continents.
- There are more than 120,000 species of flies.
- Flies are attracted by movement more than color.
- Flies can transmit deadly diseases such as typhoid fever, dysentery, cholera, yaws, anthrax, leprosy and tuberculosis, just to name a few.
- A fly’s feeding range usually is limited to two miles.
- Flies have a smelling distance of more than 750 yards.
- A single garbage can, if not emptied, can serve as the breeding ground for 30,000 flies.