Inc. magazine has included five pest industry firms on its 34th annual Inc. 5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. The list represents a comprehensive look at one of the most important segments of the economy: America’s independent entrepreneurs. While the list includes such household names as Yelp, Pandora, Timberland, Dell, Domino’s Pizza, LinkedIn and Zillow, there are also three pest management firms, a mosquito control franchisor and one wholesale/consumer pesticide manufacturer included on the ranking:
- No. 1055: Environmental Pest Service, the parent company of Arrow Environmental Services, Bug Out Service and Skyline Pest Solutions, with $35 million in revenue and three-year growth of 408 percent
- No. 1605: Edge Pest Control, with $10.8 million in revenue and three-year growth of 253 percent
- No. 1774: Inspect-All Services, with $2.6 million in revenue and three-year growth of 226 percent
- No. 1980: Mosquito Squad, with $23 million in revenue and three-year sales growth of 198 percent
- No. 2885: Solutions Pest Pool and Lawn, with $10.6 million in revenue and three-year growth of 123 percent
The 2015 Inc. 5000, unveiled online at Inc.com and featured in the September issue of Inc. (available on newsstands Aug. 18 to Sept. 22), reports that this year has the most competitive crop in the list’s history. The average company on the list achieved a three-year growth of 490 percent. The Inc. 5000’s aggregate revenue is $205 billion, generating 647,000 jobs over the past three years. Complete results of the Inc. 5000, including company profiles and an interactive database that can be sorted by industry, region, and other criteria, can be found at www.inc.com/inc5000.
“The story of this year’s Inc. 5000 is the story of great leadership. In an incredibly competitive business landscape, it takes something extraordinary to take your company to the top,” says Inc. President and Editor-In-Chief Eric Schurenberg. “You have to remember that the average company on the Inc. 5000 grew nearly six-fold since 2012. Business owners don’t achieve that kind of success by accident.”
The annual Inc. 5000 event honoring all the companies on the list will be held from Oct. 21-23 in Orlando, Fla. Speakers include Marcus Lemonis, host of the CNBC show “The Profit;” Robert Herjavec, one of the main “sharks” on ABC-TV’s “Shark Tank;” KIND Founder and CEO Daniel Lubetzky; and Co-Founder of Goodshop.com JJ Ramberg.
Inc. 5000 Methodology: The 2015 Inc. 5000 is ranked according to percentage revenue growth when comparing 2011 to 2014. To qualify, companies must have been founded and generating revenue by March 31, 2011. They had to be U.S.-based, privately held, for profit, and independent–not subsidiaries or divisions of other companies–as of Dec. 31, 2014. (Since then, a number of companies on the list have gone public or been acquired.) The minimum revenue required for 2011 is $100,000; the minimum for 2014 is $2 million.
Leave A Comment