Kansas Pest Control Association elects 2020 board
December 23, 2019
December 23, 2019
The Kansas Pest Control Association held its annual meeting on Dec. 6. The membership unanimously elected the following to represent the association on the board of directors, as well as officers for 2020:
- President, Tim Dahl (Wichita)
- President-elect, Kyle Litton (Cimarron)
- VP, Adam Augustine (Gardner)
- Secretary/treasurer, Paul Bearman (Wamego)
- Region I, Roxann Gooden (Lawrence)
- Region II, Bryon Estes (Emporia)
- Region III, Joseph Davidson (Topeka)
- Region VI, Mike Roe (Medicine Lodge)
- At-large, Ravi Sachdeva (Manhattan)
- Past president, Shonda Meitler (Salina)
- Past president’s appointee, Marla Shepard (Univar Solutions)
The Kansas Pest Control Association is a state-level organization of pest control professionals that seeks to provide programs and services that assist its members in achieving success in business operations, as protectors of health, environment and property in Kansas. The following goals are outlined in its mission statement:
- To promote general standards and ethics of the pest control industry.
- To foster research and diffusion of knowledge to the industry.
- To cooperate with the National Pest Management Association and with government and educational authorities for the good of the community and industry.
The association was founded in 1948. In 2015, it established its Master Technician Program, geared toward pest management professionals committed to becoming experts in the industry. The program provides hands-on training, and each session is taught by top professionals and educators, including entomologists. It provides a continuous series of workshops investigating major pest groups, including but not limited to blood feeders, rodents and wildlife, termites, commercial and stored product pests, cockroaches, pest ants, occasional invaders and flies.
About the Author
Target Specialty Products to sponsor 2021 NPMA’s Women of Excellence Award
June 9, 2021
PestVets recognizes Catchmaster’s ‘Captain Stan’ as 2021 Veteran of the Year
May 3, 2021