Times may be uncertain, but one thing remains true: The pest management industry is stronger when we come together — whether it’s online or offline. For 87 years, the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) has gathered pest management professionals (PMPs) from across the globe for its annual PestWorld convention.
Although this year’s convention will look a bit different, the NPMA team is dedicated to providing attendees the best virtual experience possible, with robust programming offering more opportunities to earn recertification credits (CEUs), dynamic networking events, and an interactive exhibit hall that attendees can browse at their own pace. So, mark your calendar for Oct. 13-15 and make plans to create new connections with your peers; get inspired with new ways to boost your business; and show your support for our strong, resilient industry. Register online and view the full program at PestWorld2020.org.
INSPIRING KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
Leon Logothetis is a global adventurer, TV host, motivational speaker and best-selling author. For more than a decade, he has traveled the globe to more than 100 countries to highlight the good in humanity. Documented through his best-selling books and TV shows, Logothetis works constantly to inspire the world with his message of kindness and hope. This is best shown through his Netflix series “The Kindness Diaries.” — Sponsored by Corteva
Ben Nemtin is the New York Times bestselling author of What Do You Want To Do Before You Die? and the star of the MTV show “The Buried Life.” In a pit of depression, Nemtin and his three best friends decided to create the world’s greatest bucket list to make them feel alive. They bought a rickety old bus and crisscrossed North America, achieving the unthinkable. And most important, every time they accomplished a dream, they helped a complete stranger cross something off their bucket list. Nemtin’s bucket list quest has inspired millions to chase their dreams and realize that the impossible is possible. — Sponsored by Syngenta
24/7 ACCESS TO AN INTERACTIVE EXHIBIT HALL
The Exhibit Hall is where the real business of PestWorld takes place. The virtual platform allows participants to browse the hall at their own pace with 24/7 access. Meet with our industry’s suppliers in an interactive setting, learn about new products and discover the latest innovations for your business. With leading vendors showcasing the latest technologies, you are bound to discover solutions and partnerships that can help you bolster your top and bottom lines.
UNIQUE NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
From casual coffee chats to dynamic roundtable talks, PestWorld 2020 offers a variety of virtual networking opportunities to fit your schedule, keep you engaged and help you build lasting relationships with your peers from around the world.
60+ EXPERT-LED EDUCATIONAL SESSIONS
PestWorld attendees have exclusive access to 20 live, expert-led educational sessions and more than 40 additional sessions that will be made available on-demand well after the convention ends. What does this mean? Access to more training with opportunities to earn more credits than ever before, all on your schedule. Live education highlights include:
- Pandemic Marketing: Social Media in the Wake of COVID-19: Jess Phelan, Vault Communications, Plymouth Meeting, Pa.
- Preparing for What’s Next: What COVID-19 has Taught Us About Preparing for the Next Crisis: Faye Golden, Cook’s Pest Control, Decatur, Ala.; Mike Rottler, Rottler Lawn and Pest, St. Louis, Mo.; Jamie Ogle, Lloyd Pest Control, San Diego, Calif.
- Making the Leap: How to Catapult Your Company Past $1 Million in Annual Revenue Through Sales: Kevin Pass, Pass Pest Control, Newburgh, Ind.; Andrew Richardson, Edge Pest, Orem, Utah; Mike Panichi, Platinum Pest Solutions Lansing, Ill.
- NPMA Disinfection Taskforce: Things to Know Before Implementing a Disinfection Service Program: PMP Columnist Judy Black, BCE, Rollins, Atlanta, Ga. (PMP Hall of Fame, Class of 2019); Julie Marquardt, Ecolab, St. Paul, Minn.; Chris Wible, Rentokil-Steritech, Reading, Pa.
- Making the Leap: How to Catapult Your Company Past $1 Million in Annual Revenue Through Service: PMP Columnist Bobby Jenkins, ABC Home and Commercial Services, Austin, Texas; Russ Ives, Rose Pest Solutions, Troy, Mich.; Alfie Treleven, Sprague Pest Solutions, Tacoma, Wash.
- Seven Lessons Learned by Looking at the Pest Management Industry from the Outside-In: Fred E. Strickland Jr. BCE, Miner Corp., Birmingham, Ala.
- Rat Behavior and the Impact of COVID-Related Human Behavior Changes: Dr. Bobby Corrigan, RMC Consulting, New York, N.Y. (PMP Hall of Fame, Class of 2008)
- Protecting Employees and Clients While Performing Essential Services: Travis Aggson, ACE, American Pest Control, Manhattan, Kan.; David Billingsly, ACE, Anticimex, Fulton, Md.; Billy Tesh, Pest Management Services, Greensboro, N.C. (PMP Hall of Fame, Class of 2017)
- How Does Your Firm Stack Up? Comparing Your Company’s Financial and Operational Metrics to ‘Best in Class’ PMP Firms: PMP Columnist Dan Gordon, PCO Bookkeepers, Newton, N.J.
- Get A Grip On Your Business with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS): Victoria Cabot, Velocity 6 Executive Leadership Development, San Diego, Calif.
- Breaking Barriers: Women Leadership in the Pest Control Industry: Emily Thomas-Kendrick, Arrow Exterminators, Atlanta, Ga.; Stacy O’Reilly, Plunkett’s Pest Control, St. Paul, Minn.; Kim Scott, Terminix International, Memphis, Tenn.
- Beyond ‘The Right Thing to Do’: A SMART Approach to Diversity: Janet Stovall, UPS, Atlanta, Ga.
- Diversity in the Pest Control Industry: Where We Are and Where We Could Be: Dan Moreland, PCT magazine, Cleveland, Ohio; Anthony Brown, Rentokil, Silver Spring, Md.
- The Future of Pesticides in the United States – A Panel Discussion: Dr. Barb Glenn, National Association of State Departments of Agriculture, Arlington, Va.; Chris Novak, Crop Life America, Washington, D.C.; Bob Dold Jr., Rose Pest Solutions, Northfield, Ill.; Jeremy Witte, House Committee on Agriculture (Staff), Washington, D.C.; Alex Dunn, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, D.C.
- All Things LinkedIn: Prospecting and Creating More Business Opportunities to Win: Lindsey McMillion Stemann, McMillion Consulting, Greenville, S.C.
- Bed Bugs and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: People Coping with Infestations: Dr. Jerome Goddard, Mississippi State University, Starkville, Miss. (PMP Hall of Fame, Class of 2012)
- All Things LinkedIn: Sourcing and Pipelining for Top Talent: Lindsey McMillion Stemann, McMillion Consulting, Greenville, S.C.
- Giving Back: Harnessing the Power of Good to Support Communities During the Pandemic: PMP Columnist Dennis Jenkins, ABC Home and Commercial Services, Dallas, Texas; Nicole Kirwin Keefe, Clark Pest Control, Lodi, Calif.
View the full program and session descriptions at PestWorld2020.org.
DITTMAN is VP of Marketing and Communications for the National Pest Management Association. She can be reached at email@example.com.