UPFDA, Pi Chi Omega plan PestWorld events
September 29, 2020
September 29, 2020
At the upcoming PestWorld 2020, in addition to the events being putting on by groups that are part of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) — such as PestVets — other industry organizations will also have a presence.
The event, taking place Oct. 13-15, will be held virtually as opposed to its original in-person host city of Nashville, Tenn. Two organizations that typically hold membership meetings and receptions during PestWorld have adapted to the online version by announcing the following:
- Monday, Oct. 12, 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m EST: Members of the United Producers, Formulators & Distributors Association (UPFDA) are invited “Shake Things UP” before PestWorld. During this Zoom meeting, UPFDA members will hold their annual member meeting; enjoy a demonstration by a professional mixologist, who will lead them through crafting some classic cocktails with an entomological twist; and share some small group social time. Please visit UPFDA.com for details and to RSVP.
- Monday, Oct. 12, 7 p.m. EST: Industry fraternity Pi Chi Omega will start PestWorld 2020 off with a bang at its “Raise the Bar” online event. More info to come; visit PiChiOmega.com for details.
- Tuesday, Oct. 13, 10 a.m. EST: Industry fraternity Pi Chi Omega will host its semi-annual membership meeting, including this year’s awards presentations and elections. More info to come; visit PiChiOmega.com for details.
The NPMA is also hosting several online networking opportunities for attendees, including:
- PestWorld roundtables
- PestWorld coffee chats
- Professional Women in Pest Management (PWIPM) breakfasts
- In the Mix reception
- International Delegates reception
- 10th Annual PWIPM 5K
See the full schedule at PestWorld2020.org/networking-opportunities.