Nov. 2 is deadline for Pest Management Foundation scholarship entries
October 6, 2020
October 6, 2020
The National Pest Management Association’s (NPMA’s) Pest Management Foundation Student Scholarship program will award up to five scholarships of up to $2,000 each, to outstanding students at accredited entomology programs at U.S. colleges or universities. In return, scholarship recipients are asked to provide a letter explaining how the scholarship has helped them in their academic and research endeavors. The deadline for this year’s entries is Nov. 2, 2020.
Currently enrolled undergraduate (junior or senior year) or graduate students majoring in entomology and focused on urban pest management are eligible. Students must have completed at least two semesters of study, with at least one year remaining before graduation. Applicants must be full-time students in good academic standing (3.0 GPA or better on a 4.0 scale). Only one scholarship will be awarded per college or university each year. The application process is as follows:
- Submit resume or curriculum vita.
- Submit current academic transcript.
- Submit a one-page (minimum) essay describing applicant’s professional goals and aspirations and how he or she plans to use his or her studies to contribute to a field in urban pest management.
- A letter of recommendation from student’s faculty advisor addressing the applicant’s progress in studies and/or research, its potential contribution to urban pest management, and his or her work ethic.
- Other supporting documents (research papers and proposals, faculty research participation, related industry internship participation, fellowship projects, industry work experience, etc) can also be submitted.
ABOUT THE PEST MANAGEMENT FOUNDATION
The Pest Management Foundation’s mission and purpose is to advance the pest management industry through education, research, and training. The Pest Management Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization affiliated with the National Pest Management Association. The Foundation has been in existence for more than 30 years and was originally named the Buettner Foundation in honor of William O. Buettner, NPMA’s first president and executive VP and a PMP Hall of Famer (Class of 1998).
In recent years, a new fund has been established honoring fellow PMP Hall of Famer Norman Goldenberg (Class of 2008) for his years of service to the industry. Visit NPMAFoundation.org for more information.