The Florida chapter of Professional Women in Pest Management (PWIPM) will host a Boots and Brews event at the Florida Pest Management Association (FPMA) Expo on Jan. 8, 2023, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The group will be getting its “boot scootin’ boogie on” at the Embassy Suites by Hilton – Lake Buena Vista South in Kissimmee, Fla., according to the release.
Attendees are invited to wear their best cowgirl or cowboy apparel, grad a brew and learn country line dancing from the professional instructor, Antonio. There will also be an opportunity to bid on prizes in the PWIPM bucket raffle.
The Expo will be held at the Embassy Suites by Hilton in Kissimmee, Fla., and discounted theme park tickets are available for conference attendees.
The event is taking place during FPMA’s two-day Business and Operations Expo, which offers:
- a full day of continuing education units (CEUs), including CORE, GHP, WDO and L&O;
- a full day of business classes, giving insight into the industry’s biggest challenges; and
- the largest exhibit hall in the state with the latest in products and services.
About Professional Women in Pest Management
The PWIPM is an affiliate group of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) whose mission is to attract, develop and support women in the pest management industry through educational programs, resources and peer networking.
Each year, PWIPM:
- Hosts professional development sessions and networking events at NPMA’s Legislative Day, Academy, and Pestworld (sponsored by ServicePro);
- Awards professional empowerment grants;
- Recognizes an industry leader through the Women of Excellence Award;
- Raises money for a charity at the PestWorld 5k; and
- Publishes quarterly newsletters.