Nominations are now open for the National Pest Management Association’s (NPMA’s) 2023 Impact Awards for Women in Pest Management.
The awards, sponsored by FieldRoutes, “honor and celebrate exceptional women at all levels within the pest management industry, in any role, including management, technical/service, sales or office staff,” according to the news release.
Women working in any function at a pest control company or industry supplier are eligible for consideration. This includes technical/service, sales, management or office staff and nominations are open to individuals from both NPMA member companies, as well as nonmembers. NPMA encourages nominations from anyone who has a professional relationship with a potential nominee, as well as nominations of individuals who have received state, local or other industry-specific recognition. Each nomination is considered based on the merits of information included in the submissions.
Recipients will be honored at NPMA’s Women’s Forum, coming up May 9-11, 2023, in Charleston, S.C. Registration for the event is now available.
NPMA’s Women’s Forum will include sessions on leadership, equality in the workplace, workforce development, company culture and more as well as networking opportunities.
The deadline for nominations is International Women’s Day, March 8, 2023. Full details can be found at www.npmapestworld.org/impactawards.
The National Pest Management Association, a non-profit organization with more than 5,000 members, was established in 1933 to support the pest management industry’s commitment to the protection of public health, food, and property from the diseases and dangers of pests.
In honor of both the association and magazine’s 90th anniversary in 2023, Pest Management Professional Hall of Fame members connected to the NPMA include:
- Bill Buettner, founder of the association and widely considered to be the “Father of the Professional Pest Control Industry” (Class of 1998)
- Dr. Ralph Heal, longtime NPMA technical director and executive director (Class of 2003)
- Dr. Doug Mampe, longtime NPMA technical director and former PMP columnist (Class of 2003)
- Dr. Mark Lacey, NPMA technical director (Class of 2008)
- Greg Baumann, , NPMA technical director and former PMP columnist (Class of 2013)
- And many more. See the full list of inductees with links to their biographies at https://www.pmphalloffame.net/inductee/