April is Distracted Driving Month. Celebrate by registering for the National Pest Management Association’s (NPMA’s) Safety Summit.
The Safety Summit on May 4-5 at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld in Orlando, Fla.
Distracted driving has become all too common on the roads. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in 2020, 3,142 were killed from distracted driving. This awareness campaign aims to remind drivers of the dangers and legal consequences of texting behind the wheel.
During the Safety Summit, Dr. Paul Atchley will present on “The Science Behind Distracted Driving.” He is a leading researcher on safe driving. His TED Talk has been viewed more than 50,000 times. Dr. Atchley will discuss the risk of distracted driving, an explanation of why distracted driving is increasing, an overview of key studies showing the dangers of distracted driving, the “myth of multitasking,” and current attitudes toward distracted driving and solutions to improve safety. Rollins, Inc. will sponsor the keynote speaker.
The Safety Summit brings together industry experts with businesses of all sizes to discuss safety and risk management within the pest management industry. Topics covered will include employee protection and worksite safety, safe driving, pesticide usage and how to implement a safety program in your own organization. Increase quality and decrease risk within your business by attending this program.
Other breakout sessions at the Safety Summit include:
- Incident Investigations
- Attics and Crawlspaces: Confined Spaces and Fall Protection
- OSHA’s Heat-related Illness Initiative and Your HAZCOM Program
- Gaining and Maintaining Executive Support for Your Safety Program
- Hiring and Training Professional Drivers
- 4 Basic PPE Requirements: Hearing, Head, Hand and Finger, and Eye Protection
- Outdoor Safety Training Demonstrations
- Are you prepared for an OSHA inspection?
- Running a Safety Program at Any Size
Registration is still available for the Safety Summit.