The 2023 University of California-Riverside (UCR) Fumigation School hosted by UCR Urban Entomology Department and Agri-Turf Distributing will be held Oct. 11-12.
The two-day program for licensed professionals is packed with technical information, as well as hands-on demonstrations on how to properly prepare a structure for fumigation. All proceeds from this program benefit the UCR Urban Entomology Fund.
Rooms for overnight guest can be arrange by calling Kellogg West Conference Center and Hotel. For more information, visit the website.
Some of the programs and CEU opportunities include:
- “The Biology of Termites” by Dr. Dong-Hwan Choe, extension specialist and associate professor at UCR
- “Physical Properties and Mode of Action of Structural Fumigants” by Dr. Michael Rust, distinguished professor of graduate division at UCR
- “Working with Utility Companies: Making the most of our Partnerships” presented by Kevin Carney, customer service field staff team leader at SoCalGas; and Moises Vasquez, technical advisor at SDG&E
- “Measuring a Structure” by Ed Hernandez, Western U.S. director of training at Ensystex
- “Bed Bugs and Fumigation” presented by Dr. Chow-Yang Lee, endowed presidential chair in urban entomology at UCR
- “How to Avoid Fumigation Problems” by Dave Wadleigh, president of Mega Fume Inc.
- “California Regulatory Updates” by Kathleen Boyle, chief enforcement officer at Structural Pest Control Board
- “Legal Aspects of Fumigation” present by Daniel W. Towson, an attorney at Delmore Green
- “Fumigation Calculators & Sulfuryl Fluoride Label Update” by Luis Gonzalez, technical representative at Ensystex
- “Identification of Wood Destroying Organisms and their Damage” by Dr. Choe
- Agricultural Commissioner’s Panel for Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego counties in California that will be moderated by Donna Browne, vice president of sales at Agri-Turf Distributing
- “Common Inspection Problem” presented by Tom Ineichen, inspector at California Structural Pest Control Board
The event will also feature fumigation site demonstrations. More information and the full program is available on the website.