The Clendenin Consulting Group announces the second year of its annual $10,000 higher education scholarship to support those in the pest control and lawn spray industries. Students who are eligible to apply for this scholarship assistance are the children of a parent or legal guardian who is a pest control or lawn spray industry employee, who has been employed in the industry from at least Aug. 1, 2023, until the time of the scholarship award. The award is expected to be presented in the summer of 2024. Other criteria include:
- Either a weighted or unweighted GPA in the senior year that began in the fall of 2023 and ends in the spring of 2024 of at least a 2.5 evidenced by the official school transcripts or a copy of that transcript.
- They graduate from high school in the spring of 2024 prior to June 21 evidenced by a copy of the diploma.
- They are the child of or under the legal guardianship of a pest control or lawn care business employee at the time of the scholarship presentation which is in the summer of 2024 prior to Aug. 15, 2024, evidenced by a letter from the employer.
- They present a record of service to the community showing at least 10 service hours donated during their senior year of high school evidenced by community service letter(s).
- They obtain two teacher referrals/letters of support from a teacher whom they were a student of sometime during their high school years of grades 9-12 evidenced by a letter/email from the teacher with “Essay” in the subject line.
- They must have been accepted to a college or university or technical school and by the end of their senior year evidenced by a copy of the acceptance letter of the school the student chooses to attend.
- They submit an essay of 750 -1500 words on the subject of “What’s bugging you?”
- The essay must be solely the work of the student.
- There will be first-, second- and third-place awards of $5,000, $3,000 and $2,000, respectively.
- The scholarship awards will be sent directly to the college or technical school in the name of the student after a semester completion showing the passing grade of at least 75% or 2.5 GPA evidenced by the school’s transcripts until the award amount is fulfilled. The scholarship award must be fulfilled within the first two consecutive semesters following receiving the award.
All of these eligibility requirements will be considered by a distinguished panel of a teacher, a retired medical doctor, three business owners, a business consultant and a longtime civic leader. Special attention will be given to the essay. The panel of judges will read the essays and evaluate them based on the thesis statement, organization, support and development of ideas, insight into the subject, clarity, style and mechanics. No essays will be made public without the written permission of the student and parent. All essays and eligibility requirements must be sent as attachments to email@example.com no later than June 21, 2024. All essays must be in size 12 font, typewritten and double spaced.