SenesTech, the inventors of the what’s considered to be the only U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-registered contraceptive for male and female rats, announces the launch of its trademarked Evolve Soft Bait. Evolve is a solution designed to reduce fertility in rats. The minimum-risk solution was developed to control pest populations using a breakthrough technology that targets the rat population where it starts — by restricting fertility through nonlethal methods.
Targeted to both the professional and consumer markets, Evolve Soft Bait is designed to be highly palatable to rats, easy to deploy, and offers diverse placement in many different environments, including municipalities, parks, recreation facilities, sports venues, food processing facilities, correctional facilities, subways, medical facilities, agribusiness, zoos and residential locations.
SenesTech will offer Evolve Soft Bait for direct sale to pest management professionals (PMPs) through distributors, on the company’s e-commerce portal, and through big box retailers. Key benefits include:
- Effective fertility control — The active ingredient in Evolve Soft Bait is proven to effectively reduce or eliminate fertility in rats, which reduces their population.
- Long-term solution — Affects the population beginning after one to two breeding cycles (four to six weeks), resulting in reduced pregnancies and fewer pups born.
- User-friendly format — The soft bait format is designed to be familiar and convenient for PMPs to deploy.
- Highly palatable — The contraceptive bait is attractive and palatable to rats and lacks negative side effects that cause rats to become bait-averse; rats continue to consume it, bringing greater results.
- Addresses infestation source — Designed to address pest infestations at the source, by reducing the birth rate.
- Integrates with existing pest management programs — Works in tandem with traditional rodent control products to provide long-term solutions.