Cockroaches are one of the most common insect pests in residential and commercial properties. In addition to transmitting bacteria throughout a building and triggering allergies in humans, cockroaches have been linked to the development of asthma in children. Following are tips to share with your customers that can help keep cockroaches out of residential and commercial properties:
- Keep a tight lid on trashcans and take out the garbage every day.
- Cockroaches are found most commonly in the kitchens or cafeterias of schools and office buildings. Wipe down counters, tables and stovetops after preparing or serving food. Throw away fruit before spoiling, and prevent dishes from piling up.
- Eliminate any moisture sources wherever possible by insulating pipes and fixing leaks around sinks and toilets.
- Caulk or weather-seal door and window frames to limit entry from the outside.
- Cardboard boxes provide a common hiding place for the pest. Remove boxes from a building shortly after deliveries.