When a pest professional is called out to a cockroach job, the customer is normally at wits’ end and expects extreme and immediate results. Here are five tips to remember at your next account:
- Most residual insecticides are effective, but might contain slower-acting ingredients.
- Most products that contain pyrethrum act quickly, but have little residual.
- Permethrin in an aerosol offers a residual, and can act as a slower flushing and killing agent.
- Piperonyl butoxide (PBO) is a synergist that aids in the delivery of the product for a faster kill.
- The carriers in some aerosols are flammable, so keep away from open flames.
James Rodriguez, ACE, is National Marketing Manager for J.T. Eaton & Co.