Integrated pest management (IPM) practices for mosquito treatments can help reduce client confusion. Set realistic goals, and explain in detail the practices behind a successful mosquito program. Proper education, along with a thorough inspection and treatment plan, will help lead to maximum control. To that end:
- Educate clients on mosquito biology, behavior and management.
- Teach them how to reduce food, water and harborage opportunities.
- Provide a checklist of things clients can do to further eliminate conducive conditions.
- Use an adulticide and an insect growth regulator (IGR) in your treatment protocol.
- Encourage clients to use mosquito repellent, as well as wear light-colored, loose and long-sleeved shirts and pants.