In addition to working with veteran-focused training organizations like Veterans Advocacy Group of America, the National Pest Management Association’s (NPMA’s) PestVets Committee offers five tips for companies looking to recruit military veterans:
1. Give a job posting to your local Veterans Administration (VA) rep in the town hall.
2. Visit CareerOneStop.org (formerly Hero2Hired) to see who your local organization’s officer might be, and give him or her your contact information for inclusion in the database.
3. Register your company with RecruitMilitary.com.
4. Post free job openings targeting veterans through the NPMA. Visit Careers.npmapestworld.org/employers for more information.
5. Visit DOL.gov/vets/ahaw for the U.S. Department of Labor’s veteran hiring toolkit.
— Source: PestVets.org