One of the biggest challenges in bird control is not doing the solution work, but how to close deals. Here are some tips:
- Listening is the top sales skill. Ask specifically why the problem needs to be solved, then listen carefully. The customer’s reason will tell you how to close the deal.
- Don’t experiment on customers. If you are not sure how to get results, become bird control-certified before proposing solutions.
- Offer options. Give a few solution options at different budget ranges in the proposal. Explain the benefit differences with each approach.
- Start at the top. Deal with the final decision makers when presenting the proposals, not middle info-gatherers.
- Always follow up after proposals. With bird problems, customers usually are going through an educational process. There are often low bidders offering solutions without bird training, using methods that will not work.
- Include bird control service in your marketing efforts and on your website. Do not ignore the easy lead opportunities available using bird control-related keywords in your search engine optimization (SEO) strategy.
Following these tips will help ensure you’re one of the 20 percent of bird control providers that close and sell 80 percent of the deals.
Leave A Comment