We’re at the halfway mark of National Bed Bug Awareness Week. As we’ve reported previously, the annual education campaign is promoted by the Professional Pest Management Alliance (PPMA), which serves as the public outreach arm of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA).
PPMA encourages pest management professionals (PMPs) to join the cause by launching media relations campaigns, including devoting their company social media pages to bed bugs throughout the week and using the hashtag #BedBugWeek on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest. Some items of note:
- Target Specialty Products has been offering resources for PMPs this week.
- Take a look at the various firms posting on Facebook under #BedBugWeek and #BBAW.
- Same with Twitter (#BBAW and #BedBugWeek)
- Lots of giveaways and info on LinkedIn (#BedBugWeek and #BBAW)
- Pinterest gets a little off track the further you scroll, but the first screen’s worth is worthwhile under the hashtag #BedBugWeek. The #BBAW hashtag does not seem to have caught on as much with this platform.
- If you’re itching for more content to round out the week (see what we did there?), check out the NPMA’s consumer webpage devoted to bed bug information. Can we toot our own horn about our vast archives devoted to Cimex lectularius? Don’t mind if we do.
- If you have bed bugs on the brain next week and beyond, consider stocking up on this mug for customers with tough infestations, to gift to them once you are victorious. The logo is also available as a snowflake ornament, a sports water bottle, and an iron-on transfer because, of course it is. Don’t forget this mug for your best bed bug team members. The Amazon links are not sponsored; we just got a kick out their existence and thought you might, too.