UPFDA hosts virtual membership meeting
October 12, 2020
October 12, 2020
On Monday afternoon, the United Producers, Formulators & Distributors Association (UPFDA) held a virtual membership meeting via the Zoom platform. President Scott Riley, MGK’s Eastern regional sales manager, presided over the meeting.
The membership passed last October’s minutes and some minor tweaks to the bylaws to bring them more up-to-date. They also approved the July 2019 financial statement as presented by UPFDA Treasurer Dr. Cisse Spragins, founder and CEO of Rockwell Labs and a PMP Hall of Fame member (Class of 2018).
The committee chairs provided their reports:
- Liaison: Donna Giacalone, The Bug Stop
- Membership: Tom Forshaw, Forshaw Distribution
- Public Relations: Dan Moreland, Pest Control Technology magazine
- Regulatory/Government Affairs: Steve Levy, Bell Laboratories
- Conference and Site: Steve Levy, Bell Laboratories
The slate of new officers and board members were then presented and unanimously voted in. They include:
- President: Tom Forshaw IV, Forshaw Inc.
- VP: Dr. Cisse Spragins, Rockwell Labs
- Secretary/Treasurer: Karen Furgiuele, Gardex Chemicals
Directors (three-year term):
- Debra Logue, BASF
- Rick McDonald, Catchmaster
- Dan Moreland, PCT
- Tom Wharton, FMC Global Specialty Solutions
Riley did his “last official act as president” by adjourning the meeting, and the meeting transformed to the “UPFDA Shaking Things Up Before PestWorld” social event. Samantha Remboldt, owner of Fancy Sips, showed attendees how to make two entomologically themed drinks: Cinnabug Bourbon Maple Sour and a Metamorphosis Vodka Mule.
Always quick with a quip, Oldham Chemicals’ Tommy Reeves asked before she got her demonstration under way, “Does this work with moonshine?”
Without missing a beat, Remboldt assured him it certainly did.
UPFDA’s Andrea Coron noted that the organization would make a decision in January as to whether future meetings would be held virtually or in person. Learn more and stay up-to-date online at UPFDA.com.