If residential customers called you because they have a fly problem, then it’s probably a pretty serious infestation. And they may well have to have you back more than once. Let your customers know they can help prevent a reoccurrence by sticking to a regular cleaning regimen.
Excess moisture — as well as household debris — are a big draw for flies. Remind them to inspect and thoroughly clean floors, drains (in sinks, tubs, showers and outdoors), garbage containers and underneath appliances. Flies can come in from outside, but they can breed indoors, especially if a home has a trash compactor or indoor trash storage area.
Remind customers to also:
- Remove standing water from birdbaths, gutters, flower pots, etc.
- Repair cracks and gaps in doors, and window or door screens.
- Keep pet litter scooped and yard pet waste dealt with on a regular basis.
- Ensure trash can (and adjacent area) hygiene.
- Clear decaying fruit in the yard, such as from apple trees, blackberry bushes, etc.
- Methodically clean kitchen and bathroom surfaces.
- Last but not least, check for leaking pipes.
Remember, water is a fly’s best friend.
Leave A Comment