ThePestInformer is now offering $2,000 to homeowners across the U.S. willing to release 100 American cockroaches into their homes for a 30-day study.
“As technology advances, we’re always looking for the newest and greatest ways to get rid of pests (cockroaches specifically),” according to ThePestInformer’s website.
The Raleigh, N.C.-based company is in search of five to seven households that will allow pest professionals to come release the roaches, test out the new treatment and film the process. According to the news release, the company aims to “test out a specific pest control technique [and] gauge how effective this treatment is.”
According to the company’s website, the rules of the study include:
- You must own the home or have written approval from the homeowner.
- You must be 21 years or older to qualify.
- You must be located in the continental United States.
- All tested cockroach treatments will be family-and-pet safe.
- You must not try any additional cockroach treatments during the duration of the study.
- At the end of the study, if the cockroach infestation hasn’t been eliminated, we will use traditional cockroach treatment options at no cost to you.
- The duration of this study will be approximately 30 days.
Homeowners who feel fit for the job can fill out a form on the company’s website. Online applications will be accepted through July 31, 2022.
David Floyd, founder of ThePestInformer, told NBC News more than 2,200 families had applied as of June 13, 2022.
Would you try this promotion with your business? Tell us in an email to email@example.com.