Pest management professionals (PMPs) looking to provide excellent post-construction termite control with a liquid termiticide application should consider three basic questions:
- Is the active ingredient non-repellent?
- Can the active ingredient be distributed throughout the colony?
- Does the active ingredient have long soil residual?
All termiticide labels provide detailed application information that is required for successful termite control. Three key points to remember include:
- Follow all label directions for use as they relate to the structure being treated.
- The objective of a termiticide application is to provide a continuous chemical barrier between the structure and the soil that serves as a moisture source for the colony.
- Recognize conditions such as a front door stoop, where conversion to a foam may be necessary to provide thorough coverage.