The Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) is putting greater emphasis on bird management in all phases of food processing. A single bird flying in a processing plant can cause an audit failure — causing you to potentially lose the account. To combat this scenario, check out these five tips:
- Include bird control in your regular training sessions. Start with biology, life patterns and a basic understanding of solutions.
- Report live birds and evidence of birds on every service report. Discuss your findings with your clients.
- Remind service technicians to look up during inspections. They also should observe birds in the areas surrounding the client’s location.
- Make it a team effort. Don’t forget about the training, referrals and consultation that industry suppliers and manufacturers can provide.
- Never tell a client you cannot help them. If your company does not offer bird control, find a local company to which you can refer your client.
Leave A Comment