Envu, an environmental science company, celebrated its one-year anniversary on Oct. 2.
“While any new company faces some challenges, our first year was also filled with many successes thanks to our customers, our industry partners and our passionate employees,” Gilles Galliou, Envu CEO, said in the news release. “We’ve launched innovations around the world, signed deals to develop and distribute new solutions, and opened new facilities and technology labs — all made possible by the strength and the commitment of our team.”
Since the company’s inception in October 2022, the Envu research and development team has brought forth a wide range of solutions to help its customers around the world better manage the pests, weeds and agronomic issues that threaten public health and environments alike.
Some highlights from the past year include:
- Harmonix Rodent Paste was launched for pest management professionals (PMPs) in the United Kingdom. The solution allows PMPs to use 50 percent less bait but it also provides them with a more responsible, non-bioaccumulative choice in sustainable packaging.
- Envu developed its Resilia root health solution to help golf course superintendents in the U.S. proactively safeguard roots from dangerous underground threats and destructive soilborne pathogens.
- For public health and pest management professionals in the U.S. and France, the TruDetx Bed Bug Rapid Test is a new bed bug detection device that helps PMPs identify even low-level bed bug infestations quickly, on-site and with more than 90 percent accuracy. During during National Bed Bug Awareness Week in June, Envu hosted a launch event for TruDetx.
- For forestry managers and restoration farmers in Brazil, Esplanade NA preemergence herbicide is now also used for effective weed control in forest restoration areas, protecting trees and other native vegetation from invasive weeds that rob the soil of vital nutrients. Through the restoration of native forests with Esplanade NA herbicide, native vegetation can return and improving the native biodiversity of forests.
- Method 240SL herbicide for effective control of broadleaf, woody and brush weeds also launched this year for range and pasture managers in Australia and New Zealand. This new tool enables rangeland and grazing land restoration through its effective control of two of the most problematic tree weed species in inland Australia, mesquite and prickly acacia as well as radiata pine, which is widespread in New Zealand.
Envu is also increasing its global footprint. In addition to opening a new office in Lyon, France, Envu opened a 20,000-square-foot formulation development lab in Morrisville, N.C. Featuring the latest formulation equipment, the facility is “dedicated to research and development to help Envu continue to bring forth new innovations to meet customers’ needs around the world,” per the news release.
“While we’re celebrating our first anniversary, we’re simultaneously setting the stage for the next five to 10 years,” says Galliou. “We’re thinking big: restoring rangelands in North America and forests in Brazil; managing invasive grasses conducive to wildfires in the U.S., South America and Australia; and countering the effects of climate change on global biodiversity. These are daunting tasks to take on, but with the collaboration of our industry partners and our collective energy and passion, we all have a tremendously bright future.”