Surveillance and monitoring of cockroach populations are crucial when your goals are to minimize the use of insecticides and streamline your applications. Glue boards not only function as a passive, non-toxic monitoring and control device, they also offer a wide range of benefits, including determining the extent of infestation and whether cockroaches are resistant to a particular bait or liquid insecticide. Plus, a digital photo of one in use in an infested area can speak volumes when you’re communicating to the client the importance of maintaining a responsible integrated pest management (IPM) program.
Consider using glue boards as documentation when:
- Tenants have not prepared for treatments properly,
- Young children or the elderly are present,
- Treating areas where food is prepared or served,
- Determining a newer technician’s ability to solve a cockroach problem, and/or
- A new species of cockroach is suspected.
— James Rodriguez, ACE National Marketing Manager, J.T. Eaton & Co.