4 reasons why your website should be optimized for mobile in 2018


November 22, 2017

Not so long ago, a website used to be all you needed to stand out among the competition in pest management. Now that the mobile experience has taken over, simply having a website is no longer enough to attract and retain new customers. You want to account for not only the potential customers that are looking on their computers, but also those on the go holding a phone and hoping for some advice regarding their current pest problem. How do you effectively account for both users on your site? Two words: Mobile optimization.

It sounds like a daunting task, but luckily, most web platforms have mobile-friendly websites. If that’s not the case for yours, you will need to get in contact with your web designer to make some changes — but it’s a worthwhile investment. What follow are four reasons why 2018 is the year you need to optimize your website for the mobile experience.

Photo: ©iStock.com/PeopleImages

1. A large percentage of customers use mobile devices for searches.

A 2016 Search Engine Land report states that more than 60 percent of people use mobile search vs. using their computer. This number has only grown since then, and will continue to grow as more technology comes out favoring the mobile experience.

Potential (and existing) customers need quick answers to their pest problems. They are looking for a company with a website that makes it simple for them to make smart decisions about pest management services. You may have a potential customer with a rodent problem using her smartphone on her lunch break to set up an appointment, for example. If you have a mobile-optimized site, you will have an easier time getting that person to go from researching your website to calling you to request service.

2. Mobile-responsive websites are still underutilized.

You’d think that, with such a large market of potential customers out there, mobile optimization of websites would be the norm. But there are still many industries — including pest management — that have not caught on.

A 2016 report by Medium states that approximately 30 percent of small businesses are mobile optimized, leaving 70 percent of the companies at risk for not converting well with mobile-based customers.That means if you are one of 10 pest management businesses in your market, you may only be up against two others when it comes to having a mobile-optimized website. That’s not bad odds, statistically.

Mobile-optimized websites are still underutilized in many different sectors. Your firm can make the move to become one of those that is up-to-date with technology and has a website designed for a great user experience — from conducting research to signing up for pest management services.

3. Google favors mobile-optimized websites.

Factors such as load speed, bounce rate, and how long customers stay on your page still account for Google’s ranking components. But if you have a website that most visitors leave quickly because it isn’t optimized for their mobile devices, you are putting the value of your site at risk in Google’s eyes.

4. Social platforms and mobile-friendly websites co-exist for a reason.

What better way to optimize your website than by connecting mobile-based platforms to your mobile-friendly website? Many times, people will see your website and immediately search for your Twitter, Facebook and other social platforms, Yelp reviews, etc.

Easy access on one device

Gone are the days when someone will switch between a phone and a computer. Instead, most customers will want to be able to access as much information as possible about your pest management firm on one device. Having a mobile-optimized page — and social media to complement the experience — will increase the possibility of gaining a new client.

In this regard, professional pest management is no different than any other industry. If 2017 has not been the year you’ve gone mobile with your website, then make 2018 that year. It could be a wise move for your business and help boost your new customer conversion rates.

Derek Whitney is a content marketing specialist at WeGetLeads.com, an online marketing company that focuses solely on pest management marketing and lead generation. Contact him at whitney.derek1@gmail.com.


About the Author

Avatar photo

Derek Whitney is a content marketing specialist at WeGetLeads, an online marketing company that focuses solely on pest control marketing and lead generation. Some of his responsibilities entail improving website content and writing articles about pest control marketing strategies.

Leave A Comment

Comments are closed.