Cockroaches are fast, devious and awfully hard to kill, so be prepared for some frustration as you embark upon your “seek and destroy” mission. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Cockroaches tend to congregate in certain areas, drawn by the odor of their own feces.
- You can quickly spot cockroach droppings; they look a lot like small specks of spilled pepper.
- If you want to catch cockroaches “in the act,” be prepared to work at night, when these pests are more active and searching for food.
- If you have to hunt during the daytime, look in cracks, crevices and other dark, out-of-the-way places, especially in kitchens and bathrooms.
Tell your customers to do the following, to help keep cockroaches at bay:
- Store food in sealed containers.
- Wash out all recyclables and remove them frequently.
- Keep garbage in covered containers, especially if you put it outside.
- Wipe down your kitchen stovetop, tables and counters every night.
- Do not leave dirty dishes in the sink overnight.
Leave A Comment