Pest Management Professional (PMP) earned one national and nine regional awards in 2018 from the American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE), bringing the total number of awards received since 2014 to 37.
The organization recognizes editorial, design and online excellence for business-to-business, trade, association and professional publications. Its annual Azbee Awards of Excellence competition is open to all U.S.-based publications.
PMP received a bronze national award in the Print/Special Supplement category for its State of the Industry report, which appeared in the November 2018 issue. The prize was announced at the Azbee Awards of Excellence banquet held during its annual conference in St. Petersburg, Fla., on May 9.
Also this year, PMP received nine Heartland Region awards:
- Silver in the Print/How-To Article category for the Success for the Ages cover story in the June 2018 issue.
- Silver in the Print/Special Supplement category for the State of the Industry report that appeared in the November 2018 issue.
- Silver in the Print/Impact/Investigative category for the Illegal Pesticides Crackdown cover story in the March 2018 issue.
- Bronze in the Print/Staff Written Regular Column category for the A Look Back column that appeared each month.
- Gold in the Design/Front Cover Illustration category for the Hot Topic cover of the August 2018 issue.
- Silver in the Design/Front Cover Illustration category for the Cutting-Edge Chemistry cover of the September 2018 issue.
- Bronze in the Design/Front Cover Photo category for the Women in Pest Management cover of the December 2018 issue.
- Bronze in the Design/Front Cover Special Issue or Supplement category for the State of the Industry report cover of the November 2019 issue.
- Bronze in the Design/Opening Page/Spread Illustration category for the Mosquito Management Survey article that appeared in the April 2018 issue.
ASBPE was launched in 1964 as the American Society of Business Press Editors. Members of this professional association include full-time and freelance editors, writers, art directors and designers who work for business, trade and specialty publications. It represents more than 2,000 journalists for business-to-business publications.