Paper wasps can become aggressive when their colonies are disturbed. If they continue to grow and expand, they can become a danger to the public. Detection and treatment of nests are generally most effective in early spring. Simply knocking down a nest can cause the colony to move to a more desirable location, so treatment often is necessary.
A liquid insecticide labeled for this pest can have an intoxicating effect, inhibiting their aggressive response and providing effective control. Always consult the product label for complete use, and remember to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) during this type of application.
Read more Tips & Tricks from Dr. Keefer:
- 5 experts tips for flea control
- Rotate cockroach bait for optimal effectiveness
- 4 tips for using residual insecticides for bed bugs
- 4 main groups of stored product pests to know
- Inspection, identification critical for successful rodent control
- Mosquitoes: IPM practices reduce client confusion
- Cockroach control: How to educate clients
- Ask these 4 questions when controlling ants